Prove your skills and beat your opponent! At the beginning of this game each of the two players will be dealt 10 cards, while 1 upturned card will be dealt to the discard pile in the middle of the table, and the remaining cards are downturned and placed to the stock pile on the left of the discard pile. You start the round by picking either the card on the discard pile or the card on the stock pile, then discard a card from your hand to the discard pile. The computer then follows suit and the game continues.
Your hand forms melds and deadwoods, and your goal in the game is to reduce the deadwood points. Melds are 3 or 4 cards of the same rank, or 3 or more cards of the same suit in sequence. Melds cannot overlap so one card cannot belong to two melds. The remaining cards that cannot be matched are called deadwoods. Each deadwood card carries deadwood points, A has 1 point, 2 has 2 points, etc, and J, Q, K carry 10 points each. After discarding a card, you can end the round by knocking if your deadwood point is less than or equal to 10. Then the computer can have a chance to lay off its deadwood cards if they can form melds with those of yours. After that, if your deadwood point is less than the computer's, you will be awarded a score equal to the difference in the deadwood points. But if the computer has a smaller deadwood point, this is called an undercut and the computer will receive 25 points plus the difference in the deadwood points. If you have no deadwood then the computer is not allowed to lay off, and an extra 25 points will be added to your score. And if all the 11 cards in your hand form valid melds, you can knock before discarding a card and you will receive extra 6 points. The game ends when the score of a player reaches 100. If only 2 cards remain in the stock pile, then the game ends in a draw. Form as many melds as you can to become the champion of Gin Rummy!
» version 1.2.4 - posted on 2010-09-30
Fixed an error in Japanese translation
» version 1.0.9 - posted on 2009-04-01
GIN RUMMY - PRODUCT LICENSE INFORMATION
NOTICE TO USERS: CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING LEGAL AGREEMENT. USE OF THE SOFTWARE PROVIDED WITH THIS AGREEMENT (THE "SOFTWARE") CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL AND/OR USE THIS SOFTWARE. USER'S USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IS CONDITIONED UPON COMPLIANCE BY USER WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
1. LICENSE GRANT. Novel Games Limited grants you a license to use one copy of the version of this SOFTWARE on any one system for as many licenses as you purchase. "You" means the company, entity or individual whose funds are used to pay the license fee. "Use" means storing, loading, installing, executing or displaying the SOFTWARE. You may not modify the SOFTWARE or disable any licensing or control features of the SOFTWARE except as an intended part of the SOFTWARE's programming features. This license is not transferable to any other system, or to another organization or individual. You are expected to use the SOFTWARE on your system and to thoroughly evaluate its usefulness and functionality before making a purchase. This "try before you buy" approach is the ultimate guarantee that the SOFTWARE will perform to your satisfaction; therefore, you understand and agree that there is no refund policy for any purchase of the SOFTWARE.
2. OWNERSHIP. The SOFTWARE is owned and copyrighted by Novel Games Limited. Your license confers no title or ownership in the SOFTWARE and should not be construed as a sale of any right in the SOFTWARE .
3. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE is protected by Hong Kong copyright law and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the exclusive property of Novel Games Limited and you will not acquire any rights to the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this license. You agree that any copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the SOFTWARE.
4. REVERSE ENGINEERING. You agree that you will not attempt to reverse compile, modify, translate, or disassemble the SOFTWARE in whole or in part.
5. NO OTHER WARRANTIES. NOVEL GAMES LIMITED DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE IS ERROR FREE. NOVEL GAMES LIMITED DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
6. SEVERABILITY. In the event of invalidity of any provision of this license, the parties agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this license.
7. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL NOVEL GAMES LIMITED OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF NOVEL GAMES LIMITED HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL NOVEL GAMES LIMITED'S LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU, IF ANY.
8. GOVERNING LAW. This license will be governed by the laws of Hong Kong and international treaties.
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This is the entire agreement between you and Novel Games Limited which supersedes any prior agreement or understanding, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of this license.